Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh I know exactly what this is, I
told her.

If this was anymany years ago, I would
perhaps ring the bell, grab the tools, whistle
to whatever sidekick you'd like to insert here, and then
get to fucking work...measuring, scraping, tasting,
quick hurry, samples headed through the door
behind my face, but that is not now, as I
stare smiling through the third eye, my breath
swirls the pluming
rainbow framed in its window, I know
what you are
I told her.

In this universe, in the universe inside of me,
you are many things, you are the meaning, the message,
you are the muse and calming,
there is no accident to every wrinkle
on the tip of your elbow, to how the sound of your voice
fits perfectly in my ears, don't you see? this season began
as soon as you found me.

and you said you understand
only half of it, and as I spit out an
imaginary beverage ( insert digital
spray of bev in post production )
I found that
so funny...
of what
percentage?? I think Ive yet
to even see past one
half of one
percent.

But I am not
the lightning, bundled
in ribbons, I am not
Eileen and you are
her and magic,
I am not who
I was led to find.
I am not what
was brought less
than half
a years months ago.

I know exactly what
this is I told her.

How obvious you have
always been, and I love
the surprise of your arrival
I love waiting, the hoping, the
aching for the miracle.
you are here to ignite
the fuse of the rescue.

and I must say, this
is the best yet.
I can't recall the last
first dawn calling me
having lunch with me
to discuss this.
Maybe I should have stopped
to pause, perhaps notice
that nothing calls to discuss this, nothing
has made a reservation for two
to review this.

I mean c'mon, why would I
open my eyes in an ocean of clues, why would I
find anything extroardinary about
a woman who suddenly appears ( make sure to add
more pictures to facebook and find more
friends to give her
with familiar names, but not
too familiar ) raising no ripple
of alarm, why would I notice
that laughing I say I don't
think we need to bother
with time or context, let's just
never not once feel less than
perfectly comfortable revealing
absolutely everything, nothing odd at
all that you would ask, become
involved with and continue to discuss
the intimate magnificence kept private now
for than your presence near
times your presence near.

You know exactly what this is,
you are telling
and save me.


No comments:

Post a Comment