Tuesday, August 16, 2011

fat strips of sadness
in rugs of canopy
have settled their weight
unrolled themselves
out from the corners
and upon them i sit.

peering from this posture
watching these days, in scenes,
from the passenger seat
somewhere on the right side of my mind, I am
not sure who is driving, or possibly directing, but I am
watching
from in here, no windows
seem to roll down.

and so I turn up
to the stars
trying to read their lips or make
eye contact, as I can no longer
hear what they are saying, wondering
if perhaps they are too far
for me to hear them, but
they do seem at least
to be quite busy chatting
and blinking with themselves, and so
with a somewhat blurred amusement ( like
being underwater or in a gaseous state ) I
quietly attempt
various strategies to squint
and eavesdrop,
but am equally content to wait
until I am them,
too.

No comments:

Post a Comment